Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

CHOCOLATE CRUNCH CAKE

This is my first posted dessert for my blog. I have never been quite the baker because I am not one who likes to measure things and usually go by eye or taste. Being said that is why I am much better at cooking rather than baking.


For years now I have collected composition books of recipes. I do want to share them all with everyone. However, I am slowly on the mission to fill my dream of printing a cookbook as well.

I enjoy eating desserts. For some reason I always thought that I would get to making more desserts if I had a PINK kitchen aid mixer. 





This week my husband has been craving chocolate and it put me on a quest to make a chocolate peanut butter thingy  He loves his peanut butter. He can eat peanut butter on everything. He even adds it in his chili, “I have never tried his recipe yet…lol!

This cake has been a childhood favorite of mine created my aunty. When we had family gatherings we would request this dessert.

I hope you try it…



CHOCOLATE CRUNCH CAKE





***this recipe makes 2 cakes



1 ½ c. peanut butter

1 12oz. pkg. chocolate chips

½ c. butter

1 box devil’s food cake mix

1 10 oz. pkg. mini marshmallows

6 cups rice krispies



1. Prepare cake mix according to the directions on the box. Pour into two 9x13 greased & floured pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

2. Melt peanut butter, chocolate chips, & butter in microwave safe dish (1-2 minutes at a time, stirring in between)

3. Top each pan evenly with marshmallows and then put back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Cool.

4. In a large mixing bowl, mix the chocolate mixer to the rice krispies. Pour over and spread evenly over marshmallow layer of the cake.

5. Refrigerate until firm.



**you can reduce the peanut butter to 1 cup if you do not want the flavor so strong or omit completely and add ½ bag more chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment