Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spam and string beans $4

Dam! I could eat this for days. Grandma taught me how to cook this. She made it alot growing up with all her wonderful side dishes. No matter how many times I have tried to master this over the years it will never come out as good as hers. Her secret was the black iron cast skillet that she oiled for years, plus her touch of love. I've kicked up my version a tad bit. Best thing about it is for me total cost of this meal is $4 (actually $3.80)!! That would be a winner in my book.

 
 
I can spam (cut horizontally then vertically)
1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
1tsp. garlic powder
2 big splashes of shoyu
Pepper to taste (optional)
1 bag string beans (cut diagonally, cut ends off)
*important to maintain crispiness
* this takes awhile and cramps your hand up..lol..well worth it..
1.       Heat little oil in a wok
2.       Fry spam and sprinkle with ginger until crisp
3.       Add in string beans
4.       Garlic powder, shoyu, pepper
SERVE OVER RICE :)


No comments:

Post a Comment