Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NAMASU


 I was craving namasu one day and wanted to eat it so bad. I could not find a good recipe like I remember eating growing up. So after a few recipes of research I decided to create my own and I think it came out perfect. I just keep it in the icebox for up to 4 days. Not to sure how long you can preserve it in a jar.
 
Caroline’s NAMASU
3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
4 baby carrots, grated
¼ tsp. salt
½ can baby clams
½ c. wakame, softened in water, chopped into pieces
½ block kamaboko
½ sweet onion, sliced thin
1.       Slice cucumbers, sprinkle with salt, let stand 10-15 minutes
2.       Rinse cucumbers thoroughly
3.       Combine all ingredients.
4.       Pour sauce, mix well
5.       CHILL
Sauce:
1 & 1/2c. sugar
1 & 1/2c.rice vinegar
1 ½ tbsp.. lemon zest
Juice from 1 big lemon
1 ½ tbsp.. mirin
4 dried shrimp (ebi)
·         Mix well

4 comments: