Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

FURIKAKE TERIYAKI SALMON

This recipe was brought to my attention by one of my very good friends on Maui. I have been making it ever since and of course added my own touch. There are a few fancy restaurants in the islands that prepare this dish or very similar. It is so much cheaper to make it at home for your family and to me taste a whole lot better. Instead of using yoshida’s sauce which is very commonly sold in many grocery stores, even in Washington you can make a simple teriyaki marinade if you prefer. I like to use the yoshida’s because it seems that it goes well with the salmon. I know that once you prepare this dish for you or your family you will be craving it and they will be begging for more.





FURIKAKE SALMON






• Slab/ filets of fresh salmon

• A thumb of grated ginger

• Yoshida’s original marinade/your own teriyaki sauce


• Furikake


• Mayonnaise

• Wasabi paste







1. put salmon in a 13x9 baking glass pan (skin side up)


2. pour over yoshida’s sauce until it covers completely ( you can dilute with a little water if preferred 1/8-1/4 cup, add ginger

3. marinade for 1-3 hours (not overnight, no longer than 3 hours)

4. preheat oven to 350 degrees

5. pour out some of the marinade to expose ½ way down of thickness of fish

6. sprinkle with furikake

7. bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on fish size and doneness of fish (check middle of filet for doneness)

8. mix wasabi paste with mayo according to your taste of heat (slightly green in color is perfect)


9. drizzle over filet or dip

3 comments:

  1. Looks so goooood! I have to see if they sell Yoshida's around here...I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think about Soy Vay Very Very Teriyaki sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My salmon is marinating and I'm about to put it in the oven...i'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete